Originally published at: https://www.emwd.com/dns-manager/
We have added a powerful new tool that dramatically expands our client area and our ability to meet the DNS needs of our clients. It is called DNS Manager.
Our new DNS Manager allows our clients to manage DNS zones and records for a domain name right from their client area. Managing your own DNS via this tool gives you very powerful options to control how your domain names are being used on the Internet. The use of DNS Manager also gives you access to our DNS experts via our support ticket system for any DNS related assistance.
– Add A New DNS Zone
– Add/Modified/Remove A, CNAME, MX, SRV, and TXT records.
– Manage the Time To Live (TTL) setting for each DNS record you have
– Create a Backup of your DNS Zone
– Import an existing DNS Zone from another DNS provider
We also have the ability to add additional DNS records and toggle DNSSEC for a zone for those clients who require it. Due to this major addition to our client area and expansion of our capabilities, we will be adding additional DNS servers that are spread out world wide. This will reduce DNS lookup time for our clients now that our clients surround the globe.
How To Access
DNS Manager is accessible via your client area if you meet the following two criteria:
- You have an active EMWD hosted service such as Mailman, WordPress, and Email hosting.
- Your domain name has our nameservers assigned to it.
If you meet the above 2 requirements, then all you need to do is the following:
- Log into your client area.
- In the Top Menu, click the Domains drop down box and select the Manage DNS menu item.
You will be taken to a page that will show your EMWD registered and/or hosted domain names. Depending upon the status for your listed domain name(s), you can either add a new zone, or you can click the Edit icon to begin managing your DNS records that are located in that DNS zone. If you are already using our nameservers, then your DNS zones and records are already set up and accessible via DNS Manager.
Here are some images of our DNS Manager.
If you have any questions regarding this powerful new addition to your client area then please fill out a support ticket. We are very excited about this new ability that we can offer our clients.